If you participate in any form of athletics, you are likely familiar with the benefits of sports medicine. Chiropractic care also can benefit athletes, as it works to reduce pain, improve range of motion and keep the body working as it should. At Pro Health Chiropractic Wellness Center, you will find the treatment and services you need for sports-related injuries. The medical professionals here understand that many injuries athletes suffer have a different mechanism than injuries of non-athletes. This is often due to the twisting, turning, or spinning movements involved.
Sports Medicine – Chiropractic Care for Athletes
You might not immediately think of chiropractic care for athletic injuries; however, at Pro Health Chiropractic, you will find customized sports medicine treatment plans to help you become pain-free. It’s through this individualized care and service that you will begin to feel like your old self again. Chiropractic healing techniques can include
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Cold laser therapy
- Detailed exercise programs
- Extensive stretching routines
- Nutrition and diet routines
A chiropractic adjustment is what is commonly thought of when someone hears the word “chiropractor.” It most often involves spinal manipulation, and the goal is to relieve pain. Cold laser therapy is often used in sports medicine to treat ligament sprains, muscle strains, tendonitis, and other injuries. It is non-invasive and an alternative to surgery or acupuncture.
The professional medical staff at Pro Health Chiropractic specializes in Rockville chiropractic and sports care in these and other services to get you back in your finest form once more.
Therapies Available At Our Maryland Chiropractic Center
- Muscle Trigger-Point Therapy: We identify the tight, sore knots of muscle that make your back or neck hurt and we work out the tension.
- Orthopedic Supports: Professional fittings for knee, elbow and back braces can stop muscle strain and irritation from re-developing after a successful treatment. A chiropractor with extensive experience in sports is the best person to fit these devices due to specialized knowledge about joint and spine alignment.
- Massage: Releasing muscle tension and quieting overactive nerves becomes relaxing when deep-tissue massage is used.
- Physical Therapy: Dr. Flood, the founding chiropractor at ProHealth Chiropractic and Wellness Center in Rockville, can also provide physical therapy. We offer many of the traditional stretching and strength building exercises you need after an accident or long-term injury.
- Nutrition: Eating properly supports your body during the healing process. Many foods and drinks can increase irritation and inflammation, making your pain worse. Our chiropractors can design a healthy and tasty nutritional plan for you as well.
We understand that it is hard to fit in regular doctor’s visits when you lead a busy life. This is the reason we offer early morning, weekend and evening hours.
Call Pro Health Chiropractic Wellness Center Today
When you need chiropractic care for an athletic injury, call 301-231-6550 to schedule an appointment. There are convenient evening and weekend appointments available, too, so it is easy to find a time that is right for you. Let the caring professionals customize a sports medicine and chiropractic care plan for you that will allow you to get back to your game quickly and better than ever.